Upon compiling our set of insights, which resulted from our retrospective and through reflection, we realized that some insights combined or stood out. These are:
- People and aspects of people such as leadership are the most important thing of all for an organization.
- Every method should depend on the situation. By corollary: there is no methodology or framework that should be used as-is.
- Extremes usually don’t work in most situations: instead, finding the right balance is key.
- Decentralization and autonomy are essential, but they are aspirations, not absolutes. By corollary, coordination is essential.
- Trust is essential and should be based on assessment of actual capability.